No matter if you want to do it or not, cleaning house is a task that almost everyone has to endure. And one of such task is window cleaning. Windows are more difficult to clean because you have to clean them from the inside and the outside as well, and for many of us this can prove quite a challenging task. The best way to ensure that your windows stay clean from the interior and exterior is by hiring professional window cleaner in Sydney and Northern Beaches.
However, if you are willing to do the cleaning job yourself then here are some tips that will make your work a lot easier.
- To start with, use your vacuum cleaner to thoroughly washout the edges and to get rid of dust, grime or cobwebs in the corners of the window frame. By removing the loose dirt and dust, you eventually make your cleaning task a lot easier because there will less dirt to remove when you start washing the window and there will be no residue smeared on the window glass. Also remember to use vacuum cleaner for the sills. Before cleaning the actual pane, use a feather duster to clean the blinds that are installed.
- Clean the exterior window screens and use a vacuum to perform this task. If you have mesh screens on the windows and they’re detachable then remove them from window and do the cleaning work in a sink or bathroom. This way the dirt will not will not create a mess and will go straight down the drain. You can use a brush to remove the dirt that has crusted and hard to remove from the screen.
- The right trick to clean the window pane is to start from the top and steadily come down, while removing all the dirt from the pane. This technique keeps away any drips or streaks from the part that has been already cleaned, keep in mind that drips or streaks may even turn into patches after drying.
- Ensure that you carry a soft cotton cloth for cleaning the window. Cotton cloth is generally soft, doesn’t leave threads behind and rarely makes any scratches on the glass while wiping. You can also use common household detergent to get a shine on the glasses and frames as well. If there isn’t any detergent then a mixture of soap and water will also do the job effectively, dip a cloth in the mixture and clean the panels.
- Ensure that you spend a good amount of time on the cleaning process and avoid rushing things. Hurrying your work means that you are more likely to make a mistake, leave a stain or might even make scratches on the glass. After washing, let the windows dry completely and then use a clean dry cloth to wipe the windows. You can also use some to get a shine on the window panels and glass.