Upholstery cleaning is an excellent way of keeping your home interiors looking great. Properly cleaned upholstery adds to the decoration of a home. It’s important to give extra care while you are planning to get your upholstery cleaned.
Upholstery adds attraction to your home. While buying new upholstery, you should consider the colour of the walls, ceiling, carpet, floor and other home decor. Upholstery fabric suffers wear and tear daily so it needs extra care and should be cleaned properly.
Before you decide to clean your upholstery, it’s a good idea to conduct a little research about the pros and cons related to the job & to figure out how to clean each item properly and effectively.
Once you finish your research you’ll find that upholstery cleaning is not complicated to do. Proper cleaning will require a vacuum, steam cleaning machine, detergents, a light scrubbing brush, white towels and some covers for the floors and other items.
Here are a few tips that can help you in cleaning your upholstery in a proper manner:
- Fresh stains are easier to clean and come off more quickly than old ones. Therefore, immediately try to remove and clean any stains as soon as they are made.
- Try to avoid exposing the upholstery to direct sun rays or halogen lights and bright neon. This will help minimise fading and losing its colour.
- Upholstery made with natural materials can get easily damaged as these are sensitive to dry air and low humidity.
- Static electricity is easily accumulated by upholstery made up of synthetic materials. These require cleaning frequently as they gather more dirt and dust.
- Before you start the cleaning process, first test the reaction or result of the cleaning materials on a hidden part of the upholstery or one that’s not easily visible. Depending on the results you get, you can continue the cleaning process.
- There are usually three options available for mechanical cleaning which are vacuum cleaning, brush cleaning and rub cleaning.
- It’s advisable to use brushes made of soft cloth if cleaning smooth fabric.
- Always clean stains from the outside in and try to localise them. This should be done, no matter what type of cleaning process you have decided to choose.
- You can use both dry and liquid detergents to clean the fabric.
- Detergent should not be used for flax upholstery.
By following these points you can clean your upholstery effectively. If you don’t have the experience it’s strongly recommended that you hire an expert carpet cleaner Mosman is the place to search for a reputed pressure and steam cleaning company.